The village can order Fibre!

Roll out News, Dates etc
merv

Re: The village can order Fibre!

Postby merv » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Installation completed this morning, the Openreach guys have been great.

I'll post some stats on the other thread.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:24 pm

Great news ☺

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:29 pm

More work going on in the village this week. People getting connect junction of village road and Ffordd Walwen and beyond the garage on Ffordd Berthen. Manifolds now have fibre coming out of them in both locations.

Will

help me order fibre!

Postby Will » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:32 am

So my neighbours have had fibre installed last week from BT, their cable runs directly over my house from the pole outside. While discussing with the openreach engineer he left lots of cable there to run it to my house too, as well as ensuring me they had modified the attachments at the box so there was another input available... but when I call up to order I still can't do it- I don't know whether this is because the cable isn't connected to my house but BT say they won't even contact openreach with regards to my property as it says 'in progress' on the status- (which it's said for 6 months). Does anyone know how I can speed up the progress? I've already given them my neighbours detsils and as much as I can, to no avail. Any help would be really appreciated as 0.8mb internet has driven me mad for long enough!
Attachments
IMG_8178.PNG
IMG_8178.PNG (181.3 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:38 am

Hi Will and welcome to the forum.
I think the issue is that there is not enough Openreach Engineers to go around. I have seen this in phases throughout the village. What they have done is the immediate houses if they want it form where it comes in from Halkyn via FTTP then at various stages implement a rolling deployment throughout the village...when I mean deployment I mean a slow few houses at a time.

The infrastructure is in through the village as you have mentioned a manifold is very close and the FTTP cable is coming in over your house from it.

I know of similar locals in the village in the same predicament, all ready to go but no one to install it.

Just to clarify one thing if you have not had the first install, which is the cable from the manifold then its a least two week and more after that first install. What has happened many times within the village is that they install the first part and low and behold the second installment and engineer never turns up or is postponed to a further date to give Openreach time to install due to lack of engineers...

Just keep plugging away at them, not the best of advice but its all we have. The numbers are on here somewhere if not let me know and I will dig them out for you.

Regards
Ricky
Admin

DDA

Postby DDA » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:20 am

Hi Will, the real issue was with the lack of capacity to provide connections from the exchange. I have posted my story about this elsewhere. However there is now more capacity at the exchange and in the village so I would chase this up immediately. If you can't get anywhere through the normal channels, let me know as I have some good contacts at Openreach who may be able to assist.

Sleen

Postby Sleen » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 am

Hi DDA
I've just joined the forum having seen your comment about good openreach contacts! We live on Ffordd Y Graig and virtually every property on the road is showing as available to order apart from ours! I have tried to get an answer from Openreach but without success. We can see the fibre coiled up on the telegraph pole at the bottom of our drive (been there for 12 months!) but we can't get onto the 'accepting orders' list.
I would really appreciate details of your good contacts - is it possible to send them to me as a private message or through admin? I've never used a fourm like this before so don't really know how it works!
Hope you can help
Sleen

DDA

Postby DDA » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:10 am

Hi There. Email sharon.gibson@openreach.co.uk. Should do the trick. Good luck....

Return to “Current Installation News”