Well this could be it for some!!

Roll out News, Dates etc
Admin
Site Admin

Well this could be it for some!!

Postby Admin » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:13 pm

I have this evening 30th July checked whether fibre is up and running yet to the village and this is what I received after entering my phone number so its good news. It does depend on your phone number or post code so it may not be ready for all...

Remember to check whether you can receive fibre click the link below:

http://gov.wales/topics/science-and-technology/digital/infrastructure/superfast-broadband/step-two-availability/?lang=en

Attachments
Fibre to the Village.jpg
Fibre to the Village.jpg (418.41 KiB) Viewed 2456 times

Jobe

Re: Well this could be it for some!!

Postby Jobe » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:39 pm

Sooo jealous

I live in Berthen Roadfand cannot yet get the checker toshow any update from'Still in scope'.

Any ideas as o time from for rest of the area?

I have a fibre box just yards from my house so surely it should not be too long!!!

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:17 am

If anyone else is thinking of telephoning BT the more the merrier I see it, then a few things to bear in mind when chatting to them.
1. Because we are having FTTP Fibre to the Premises we do not require an upgraded cabinet. FTTP comes straight from Halkyn overland to us.

2. All work in the village is completed you will know this near your house when you see a large green box attached to the base of an existing or new BT pole with a 1-inch wire going to the top, which it then has a cylindrical spur at the top. (This is what your own personal FTTP wire will come from.

3. When I telephoned I stated that I had spoken to BT engineers in the village who have now gone and they stated it was ready to go.

4. Final one you may have noticed there are no grounds persons in the village working anymore that’s because it’s down to BT now to feed it into your house.

When you do get an appointment it will take up to five weeks because of the following:
There is a two-week lead time for BT engineers to visit. Then they come out within two weeks to install the FTTP wire to your house. Then a further week for a BT engineers to complete the house install, modem, box and wiring.

The attached image is a FTTP manifold if you have one on a BT pole near you then you should be ready to go....
Attachments
6078-fttp-manifold.jpg
6078-fttp-manifold.jpg (266.52 KiB) Viewed 2398 times

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:26 am

Further update as of 3rd August 2016

I have again chatted with a BT Engineer this morning in the village connecting a copper line for someone near the school. He confirmed as did all the other engineers I have spoken to that fibre is in the village and ready and that CAB 4 does not need anything doing to it as its FTTP we are receiving not FTTC.

He said to phone adn not go through the sites and so I have contacted the FTTP Team this morning and they are sending a engineer to look into it in the next five days. If I don't hear from them I am to call back on Thursday 11th. The FTTP team did say its installed and they are looking into to it why we unable to order it at this time.

Don't rely on the openreach or superfast cymru sites for the rollout status. Apparently the only one BT go off is this one: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:19 am

My replies don't seem to be getting through but will try again!
Checker now says I am activated too
Rang bt first person was useless, kept saying can't get fibre and trying to clog me bt infinity at 1.5mb

Then rang again spoke with a better trained lady who put me through to the fibre team, they say there is an anomaly whet your the checker says we are activated but their systems say we're not?

They promised to look into the matter and get back to me, they took my order though
and promised an engineer would be in touch within 10 days.

That was 5 working days ago, no news as of yet.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:14 am

Keep us up to date with any news

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:21 am

Have been trying!!!!?

Site keeps demanding log ins and losing messages and then after posting saying 'forum no longer exists'???

Will use this rant as a test :-) and see if it gets through

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:28 am

Yey it worked!!!!

Have been having an ongoing battle with the Fibre Team at BT.

They claim (correctly) that my phone line cannot get FTTP even though Openreach on their websites say I can???

After promises and general fobbing off (on their part) and much whingeing (on my part) they keep promising to contact Openreach to solve the anomaly.

I then placed a post on thinkbroadband.com asking if anyone else has issues such as these (the Lixwm website would not accept posts).

The main guy at thinkbroadband read my post and under email i furnished him with my details, he kindly sent Openreach a 'pester' letter from the site and is hopeful the issue will be resolved within a few days.

Anyone out there from Lixwm Cab4 actually get their adsl checker as posted by admin to show FTTP is available?

Jobe

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:43 am

Morning Jobe,

RE: Yes it worked was it the forum? I have had to update it this morning so all should be working fine now :)

Also
I have contacted FTTP Team in last five minutes they have on my behalf sent a request to Openreach stating that according to them its a brownfield site and that its down as a copper and fibre allocated village and why can't anyone order their fibre.

They should receive a response in 5 days and I have a reference number from them.

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:50 am

Morning admin,

So it sounds like a database error, as suggested by the thinkbroadband moderator.

Hen is hopeful he can get Openreach to address his complaint using the weight of his site to motivate them!!!!

SO i take it then that nobody in lixwm has got further than promises so far!!!

Return to “Current Installation News”