Well this could be it for some!!

Roll out News, Dates etc
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Well this could be it for some!!

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Fibre Broadand Update: I was requested last week to make a complaint by believe it or not BT Care team so I did, which appears to started the ball rolling!

I have just received a call from the team a at the time they stated they would and they have informed me that I can order BT Fibre to the Premises, however there is a technical issue with Openreach, which they are trying to resolve.

In a nutshell and quite surprising I was informed that BT Care team have made a complaint to Openreach who will by no later this coming Monday should have resolved the issue and in her words progress my order for FTTP.

I ask her to confirm this with email and she confirmed that its all ready as we suspect and from Monday if all goes well BT will progress orders! Fingers crossed....

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Admin,
Please post if your phone number shows fttp on the bt adsl checker.
Will keep checking mine too

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Jobe,
will do but not sure it will show up before I can order!

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Just received this email to confirm for me :)

Thank you for taking my call earlier, I really appreciate that.

As per our conversation, I have called the Fibre to the home team and they have advised that we will be able to install the service, we are just waiting for a system fault to be resolved before we can have your order placed for you.

A colleague will be due to give you a call on Monday 15/08 to advise of the next steps on this matter, if you have any further questions, please dont hesitate to reply to this email.

If you’re happy with what I’ve offered, or would like to discuss this further, please let me know by replying to this email. If you need more information on our Complaints Process then please go to (website removed) where you can also see our Complaint Code of Practice.

If I don’t hear from you within 28 days I’ll assume that you don’t need me to take any action and that it’s okay to close your complaint.

Best Wishes
BT Digital Care

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:55 am

Update as of 15th August

BT contact me and stated its a further 10 days to resolve my complaint. They said all systems state we can order and that its a brownfield site which means both copper and fibre is available but again there is a glitch with openreach.

They have a openreach team looking into this and an update for it to be resolved is now 25th August!

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:06 am

So FRUSTRATING!

Needless incompetence by Openreach and BT, no wonder they were hauled before the Select Committee a few weeks ago, they should be completely independent of each other.

Poor service.

MYG

Postby MYG » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:43 am

I have just had a call from Openreach and they can't understand why we can't order it. All of their systems say we can get FTTC and FTTP.

Something to note is that we are not limited to BT we can take out Fibre with any provider, however, I am yet to find one that says it is available so this would suggest it is Openreaches communication to suppliers?!

I am on the phone to Zen right now.

MYG

Postby MYG » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:04 am

Bad news I am afraid.

Zen have just tried to process my order and logged into Openreach's ordering system only to find that it is definitely not available yet. They think that the error is that Openreach are showing it as available on their checker.

Arrgghhhh and the wait continues!

MYG

Postby MYG » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:33 am

I got this follow-up e-mail:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

You are connected to Cabinet 4 of Exchange HALKYN.

We are continuing to build our network to cover many more areas all the time. We believe this is the fastest rollout of this type anywhere in the world.

Fibre broadband
I’d like to reassure you of our ambition to bring Superfast fibre to as much of the UK as rapidly as possible. We’re pushing ahead to complete one of the most ambitious and largest rollouts of fibre broadband anywhere in the world. Our £3bn investment coupled with the government’s BDUK programme means fibre currently passes more than 80% of homes and businesses in the UK. We’re working in partnership with the majority of councils across the UK to increase the fibre broadband footprint to over 95% by the end of 2017.

We understand that this is frustrating, however, the government BDUK program is bringing fibre into your area so please visit http://superfast-openreach.co.uk/rural-broadband/ (which covers non-rural addresses also) to find out more and get updates.

Finally
I hope understand that we have a real commitment to delivering Superfast fibre to the people and businesses of Britain. I’m sorry that we haven’t yet provided you with this service.

Kind regards,

Shruti

Fibre Enquiries Team

Totally useless! I have replied pointing out that the checker included in the e-mail says I can get it!

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:04 am

I received exactly through same response and @BTCare have just informed me that BT FTTP team require 10 days to check everything....

Return to “Current Installation News”