Well this could be it for some!!

Roll out News, Dates etc
MYG

Re: Well this could be it for some!!

Postby MYG » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:27 am

I also have a 10 day wait (as of yesterday) on the second call from Openreach, this time their FTTP team.

I was at the Post Office last night and Steve offered to escalate this with his local contact at BT/Openreach.

At least we are attacking this from all angles!

merv

Postby merv » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:37 am

Does anyone understand why some locations in the village still report as 'in scope' on the checker while others are (in theory at least) 'accepting orders'?

You can see this for the top of the village between CH..NB and CH..NA.

I thought that all the installation work had been completed so all properties should be the same?

MYG

Postby MYG » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:12 am

merv wrote:Does anyone understand why some locations in the village still report as 'in scope' on the checker while others are (in theory at least) 'accepting orders'?

You can see this for the top of the village between CH..NB and CH..NA.

I thought that all the installation work had been completed so all properties should be the same?

I have no idea, are you running off Cab 4?

Incidentally, on my way back from the Post Office last night I took a picture of the sunset over that area of the village (from the quarry side). Hope it cheers you all up while we wait for BT and Openreach to talk to each other!

20160815213032-01.jpeg
20160815213032-01.jpeg (3.74 MiB) Viewed 2127 times

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:57 am

I received exactly the same response and @BTCare have just informed me that BT FTTP team require 10 days to check everything....

Nice pic :)

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:28 am

Update as of 22nd August 2016

I have made contact with the BT FTTP team this morning to chase up my complaint. Initially she said I couldn't get FTTP to my house I then had to explain that the village is small it has one CAB although this is irrelevant for FTTP and that I was the 5 house down from where the cable comes into the village.

She then went away and came back to state that they are waiting for Openreach to come back to them and that their FTTP Outreach Team are still looking into this!

If anyone else wants to add pressure by badgering them feel free here is the number: 08005874787

HAL9000

Postby HAL9000 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:10 am

Just wanted to thank you for your efforts and updates on this - while I have only just registered to post on this forum, I had been raising the issues with BT myself too and have already placed my order for FTTP not that we can!

Thanks again!

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:29 pm

HAL9000 wrote:Just wanted to thank you for your efforts and updates on this - while I have only just registered to post on this forum, I had been raising the issues with BT myself too and have already placed my order for FTTP not that we can!

Thanks again!

HAL9000 no problem the more that badger them the quicker it will be.. good luck with the install

Regards
Admin

Charlie73

Postby Charlie73 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:54 am

Does anyone have any news on when we will all be able to get fibre in the village?

Openreach engineers outside my house on monday who told me fibre has been live for a month or 2 now, yet only a couple of the houses around us can get fibre to there property. Having checked the open reach checker 2 houses in bryn cerrig can get fibre at the moment the rest are still in scope and 4 houses in llys armon, yet we are all on the same cabinet.

No answers off either BT or Openreach they just pass the buck from 1 to the other which is very frustrating especially after several hours of telephone conversations getting nowhere and the engineers telling you it is here for us to receive.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi Charlie, the issue you will have is that there are no poles that BT can use near you if you can not order now. As it's FTTP we don't need a cabinet it comes directly via Halkyn Exchange and when I was installed a week or so ago the engineers also stated that there is a problem with having openreach engineers available too.

Check through earlier posts and there is an image of a manifold on one of them. If you have poles near you check to ensure you have a manifold on them that would indicate you are close or possibly able to order.

Charlie73

Postby Charlie73 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:26 pm

There is a pole across the road from me, the grid they have been messing about in is at the top of my drive.
Speaking to the engineers they have said that BT have cocked up the installation in Lixwm, wires aren't in correctly or a faulty in places and they have put the fibre in the wrong way in the village and not sure when it will all be sorted out.
No reason if it was sorted why they can't run it 10 yards to my house from the grid outside the house and to complain to the director of BT/Openreach for what its worth.

Return to “Current Installation News”