The village can order Fibre! - Page 4 - www.lixwmvillage.co.uk

The village can order Fibre!

Roll out News, Dates etc
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The village can order Fibre!

Postby Admin » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:24 am

8th September 2016

The first person goes live today I will be able to post speeds later when they send them to me. I am still down for next Wednesday

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 am

dezroberts, I'm not sure where you live but Ffordd Berthan has many poles and they actually came across from halkyn very close to this road. I would ask for an engineer to come and view the options.

The red circles represent poles whether they be electrical or BT

berthan-road.jpg
berthan-road.jpg (93.45 KiB) Viewed 2405 times

MYG

Postby MYG » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Admin wrote:8th September 2016

The first person goes live today I will be able to post speeds later when they send them to me. I am still down for next Wednesday

Wow...how did they manage to get it that soon? I though I was all over it as soon as we knew we could get it!?

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 pm

I was wondering when this would happen. According to the BT APP to check progress of installation etc I have now had my date for the engineer cancelled without reason. This happens quite a lot apparently when they are installing so having to check with FTTP Team tomorrow to see why...2 days away, oh well.

tedmcwhirter

Postby tedmcwhirter » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:32 am

As someone who seems to be still out of range of the poles that have been configured (inbetween the village and Brynford), will I notice any change in performance? The engineer I spoke to last month seemed to suggest that it was pole to property only and that there would be no change in performance via the copper lines. As someone who gets between 0.3 and 0.7 (no, that's not a typo) I'd hoped that I'd at least get double that with all the work that's gone on. Or am I still paying the same price for a poor service?

Views appreciated

merv

Postby merv » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Finally got this response after over 3 weeks from BT about fibre to the top of the village:

We are currently working on providing FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) for your area, please be aware that there is a large amount of civils work required to complete the upgrade – currently the completion date for the whole project is 27/12/2017.
please note that this is an estimated completion date and could change.

Unbelievable........

MYG

Postby MYG » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:41 pm

That is crazy... why let you get so far with the order? I thought they came and put the box on the house?

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:43 am

Well is this the day for me?

First one to order back on the 23rd August and had the email, text and phone call to make sure I am in this morning for final fit....fingers crossed!

merv

Postby merv » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:58 am

merv wrote:Finally got this response after over 3 weeks from BT about fibre to the top of the village:

We are currently working on providing FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) for your area, please be aware that there is a large amount of civils work required to complete the upgrade – currently the completion date for the whole project is 27/12/2017.
please note that this is an estimated completion date and could change.

Unbelievable........

Well it looks like houses in Cae Eithin can now order fibre, just had it connected to the new box outside and due for internal installation in 2 weeks time.

I've only gone for Infinity 1 as it's now up to 52Mb so roughly 50x current speed!

I'll post a speed check if all goes ok, looks like about 5x houses here are due to connected this month.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:38 pm

Great News
I was wondering why all the work the last few days up there...

Let's hope they stick to your install dates now !

Return to “Current Installation News”