The village can order Fibre!

Roll out News, Dates etc
MYG

Re: The village can order Fibre!

Postby MYG » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:49 am

Sorry Merv read after he left. Couldn't pull the cable through and no rope to pull it so they need a spring tool to get round the t junction. They will be coming back on Monday (over time) or Tuesday. I'll ask then for you.

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Put back 4 days!!!??!! BT useless phone operator spent 1/2 hour taking my order cud have Neva start visit date of 9th sept.
Checked the track order pare online and it showed an error message. Rang bt after over 1hr 15mins finally got a decent operator to remake my order and clear the old one. Date put back to 13th.

After soo long though an extra few days for 300mb is worth it !!!!

merv

Postby merv » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:08 pm

MYG wrote:Sorry Merv read after he left. Couldn't pull the cable through and no rope to pull it so they need a spring tool to get round the t junction. They will be coming back on Monday (over time) or Tuesday. I'll ask then for you.

Thanks for that. Hope you get connected ok.

If they've stopped the installation just because they've reached the school I'll go mental!

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Really should wear my glasses when using my phone to post!!??
Sorry for typos , will post as and when there is any activity.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:59 pm

Jobe,
how much was the Infinity 4 package? Couldn't find it...

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Merv,
I spoke to an engineer a few weeks ago and he was installed a better copper feed their..don't know why but I don't see any poles with the manifolds on at the top!!

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Infinity 4 is their full fttp package.

I linked mine with a new phone package , call minder, etc, so in total come to £57 a month which includes unlimited calls anytime and the line rental too.

Considering I presently pay £28 or thereabouts to ABInternet for 8mb not including line rental for BT iof approx £18 a month added on and a call package to add on too of approx £10 a month, totalling approx £56 then its a good deal for 300mb speeds

merv

Postby merv » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:05 am

Admin wrote:Merv,
I spoke to an engineer a few weeks ago and he was installed a better copper feed their..don't know why but I don't see any poles with the manifolds on at the top!!

I thought they'd run cable underground from a pole on the pub side of the bend across to a box at the top of the close.

I've raised a query with BT so hopefully we'll get an answer within the next week, from your experience though they don't always give you the right information so will be helpful to find out directly from a BT / Openreach engineer what they've done!

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:18 am

Merv

Is there a green bullet shaped plastic box on one or two of the poles near your close?

These are the Fibre points, as pictured by Admin a few weeks ago?

What does the FTTP checker say for your phone number?

merv

Postby merv » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Jobe wrote:Merv

Is there a green bullet shaped plastic box on one or two of the poles near your close?

These are the Fibre points, as pictured by Admin a few weeks ago?

What does the FTTP checker say for your phone number?

This is the pole on the pub side of the road at the bend:

We were told by an Openreach engineer that they had run fibre across the road to this cabinet and it was now up to BT to connect houses:

FTTP checker only lists ADSL.

Return to “Current Installation News”