Speed Tests - Page 2 - www.lixwmvillage.co.uk

Speed Tests

Roll out News, Dates etc
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Speed Tests

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Still waiting for mine due tomorrow but engineer cancelled! Not very happy nice stats ;)

MYG

Postby MYG » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Oh wow. Well our house prices have just gone up if you can get connection like that up here. All we need now is a Co-op haha jk.

I got my router today and havent have any cancellation notice?

If the engineer turns up I'll get him to ring and check and try and send him your way after me.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:22 pm

MYG wrote:Oh wow. Well our house prices have just gone up if you can get connection like that up here. All we need now is a Co-op haha jk.

I got my router today and havent have any cancellation notice?

If the engineer turns up I'll get him to ring and check and try and send him your way after me.

MYG when do you get yours? And yes send them round :)

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:57 am

All quiet on Here?

Has no-one else had an installation yet?

If you have, post a speed test, what ping do you get, how is the connection? etc

I have fluctuating speeds, and have lodged a service fault with BT, my speeds are consistently around 310mb during the day but drop to approx 150mb in the evenings, so I believe a bandwidth/contention issue is at play.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:21 am

Jobe wrote:All quiet on Here?

Has no-one else had an installation yet?

If you have, post a speed test, what ping do you get, how is the connection? etc

I have fluctuating speeds, and have lodged a service fault with BT, my speeds are consistently around 310mb during the day but drop to approx 150mb in the evenings, so I believe a bandwidth/contention issue is at play.

Jobe, I still have two weeks despite being first to order engineer cancelled first time! I really don't want to lose half of the connection speed during night so will take a look at it when installed...but playing catch up now!

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Call from Fibre Team today.

Usual stuff, they blame Openreach (BTWholseale) and Wholesale blame them!

Have been given instructions to run a diagnostic on the speedtests, will record fluctuation till Monday and get back to them.

MYG

Postby MYG » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:57 pm

The engineer did turn up and after spending an hour on the phone we he got the connection switched on. Was at 70 mb/s instantly then dropped to 50 mb/s. I was working from home and it kept cutting off completely but I wouldn't expect a stable connection the first day.

Upon explaining your situation to the engineer he told me that it wouldn't have been him booked on to the job as he had copper jobs for the rest of the day, he didn't usually do the fiber installs (which made me very nervous!).

I have been away and didn't leave it on to calibrate for the suggested 10 days but was getting 72 mb/s yesterday.

I will screenshot tonight and see if it drops during the evenings.

The timing sounds like a contention issue but surely it shouldn't half!

MYG

Postby MYG » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:41 pm

MYG wrote:The engineer did turn up and after spending an hour on the phone we he got the connection switched on. Was at 70 mb/s instantly then dropped to 50 mb/s. I was working from home and it kept cutting off completely but I wouldn't expect a stable connection the first day.

Upon explaining your situation to the engineer he told me that it wouldn't have been him booked on to the job as he had copper jobs for the rest of the day, he didn't usually do the fiber installs (which made me very nervous!).

I have been away and didn't leave it on to calibrate for the suggested 10 days but was getting 72 mb/s yesterday.

I will screenshot tonight and see if it drops during the evenings.

The timing sounds like a contention issue but surely it shouldn't half!

Yep... looks like contention! I just ran 2 tests and mine has gone from 70 + to around 40 and less than 40 if you believe BT wholesale!
Attachments
Capture BB Lixwm.PNG
Capture BB Lixwm.PNG (49.1 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
Capture BT Lixwm.PNG
Capture BT Lixwm.PNG (35.55 KiB) Viewed 2114 times

Jobe

Postby Jobe » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:48 pm

Been running bt wholesale speed performance test etc as requested by BT all week.

My line in evenings etc drops from 309 during day to 100 at night and fluctuates all night.

BT have checked and state it is contention and there is nothing they can do about it, the faster the line the more it gets hit.

Will leave it at that, so lucky to have anything near the speeds i get, but next year may drop down a package or two, why pay for 300 when you only get it half the day?

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Finally installed today. I have gone for infinity 2 and here are the stats for first ping. Should say the bottom number is for copper prior to change over and this is wifi speed not through cat5.

tmp_11420-Screenshot_20161003-153428-2007898323.jpg
tmp_11420-Screenshot_20161003-153428-2007898323.jpg (198.13 KiB) Viewed 2049 times

Return to “Current Installation News”