More Openreach Activity

Roll out News, Dates etc
Admin
Site Admin

More Openreach Activity

Postby Admin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:11 am

There appears to be considerably more Openreach activity in the village, which should mean more connections.

I witnessed more BT poles being placed around the village so those places that are not serviced by one you could soon be.

DDA

Re: More Openreach Activity

Postby DDA » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:55 am

The capacity at the exchange was fully, in fact, over subscribed. Apparently BT under provide the capacity as a matter of course and as directed by WAG. So they put the infrastructure in, but not the capacity to provide service to all locations. We had an order in place, but BT cancelled it down after months of false promises and going nowhere. I put in a complaint to the CEO, Gavin Patterson, who rather impressively responded directly to me and put the issue to BT High Level Complaints Team, giving my access to Openreach's Chief Engineer. Following this, within 3 weeks new capacity was introduced into the exchange and has now been fed into the village. We finally got connected this week and all is working well. There should now be significantly more capacity coming available imminently.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: More Openreach Activity

Postby Admin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:50 pm

That's great news

Return to “Current Installation News”