Crown Inn Poll - www.lixwmvillage.co.uk

Crown Inn Poll

A Poll on what we would like done with the Crown Inn
Admin
Site Admin

Crown Inn Poll

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:55 pm

The Crown Inn is closed…..

If you are not already aware, the doors to the Crown Inn were closed before Christmas. The current (absent) tenants cite a water leak in the toilets as the reason for the closure, but as yet Robinson’s nor tenants have shown any sign of repairing the problem to get the pub back in operation.

Yes, we do have some other great pubs within a few miles of our village – easy walking distance if you’re fairly fit and mobile….not so easy for older members of the community. Our pub, when it was open, brought people of all ages, and different walks of life, together. In fact, when my wife and I moved to the village 5 years ago, it was the only place to go to make new friends and become a part of the community.

If you value having a local so you can catch up with friends, go out for food (when you can’t be bothered cooking!), or even just for the extra value having a village pub adds to your property, let’s get together to bring back the major hub of our community…OUR PUB!

So what can we do?...Let’s hear your suggestions. (One suggestion is to let Robinsons Brewery hear our concerns). There is a poll on this topic so please do contribute. If you have other ideas that you don’t see on the poll, let the forum admin know at admin@lixwmvillage.co.uk.

Please find attached a poll to see what would make you visit the Crown Inn more frequently or perhaps even for the first time!

You do have to be registered to have a vote and it is hoped that the results can assist in making our Inn work and give who ever takes it on some food for thought.

One point on the POLL you do have three options to choice if you wish

** If you vote for other I would be grateful if you could spare a minute to send me a quick email via admin@lixwmvillage.co.uk to what the other would be so I could add it to the poll **

Andy

Re: Crown Inn Poll

Postby Andy » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:50 pm

I think that, if the Crown became a Free House, its would result in most of the other things happening organically.

The Fox in Ysgefiog, though small, manages to stay busy with to consistent local custom due to a selection of great ales (well kept), good home cooked food and a beer garden for the summer (well 3 benches and a patch of grass opposite). All these things are fully achievable at the Crown.

You need to keep in mind that turning the main carpark into a beer garden may cause parking issues but let's face it, there haven't been parking issues there for a good year now.

I have actually contacted Robinson's directly about the possibilty of them selling the Inn... Here is the response...

'Dear Andy,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Presently we are not looking at disposing of the Crown but recognise that it is not performing as well as it might. We are looking to appoint a permanent tenant and hope that an operator who shares our vision for the pub comes forward with a plan we can support.

You have enquired about the purchase and while the pub is not on the market and our preference would be to retain it, would you be interested in running the pub under a tenancy agreement?

With that in mind, I have passed your email to our Recruitment Manager, Janis Bowyer who I have suggested might give you a call.

Yours sincerely,

W J Robinson

Managing Director Pubs Division

Frederic Robinson Limited

Unicorn Brewery

Stockport

Cheshire

SK1 1JJ

I didn't get a call from them and I have been told that the rates have been dropped from 25k p/a to 15k?

I really hope they sell it to an interested and capable party, although they may ride this public house slump out for the enevitable government cash injection that will follow when it looks like the British pub is about to become extinct.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:57 am

Hi Andy,
thanks for the reply. I know other people who have complained to Robinsons but not sure if they care to be honest but I believe we should let them know how we feel. Closing the Inn over the festive period was not a good decision leak or no leak. Hope it opens soon with some fresh ideas and maybe some investment.

I agree with you on on the beer garden it could even be in the smaller car park at the rear, which gets more sun later in the day. Robinsons I believe actually own the strip of land next to the houses but again it needs investment.....I would actually give my time to assist in making it happen!!

Mandyc

Postby Mandyc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:05 pm

This was the reply via twitter when asked what they were doing with the Inn....

@robbiesbrewery
We are actively looking for replacement tenants but we are not in a position to confirm when we will be able to reopen.

@lixwm have asked them whether they are going to put a temp manager in in the meantime.... we wait and see!!

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:53 pm

News via Facebook as of 12th January. The Inn is still closed and Robinsons Brewery won't do repairs to the alleged leak. Obviously they don't want to put any money into the Inn but want a tenant to share as they put it "their vision" for the Inn.

I'm no landlord but it appears their vision may be to grossly overcharge their tenants so they have very little choice but to leave with no investment at all, which appears to be the current trend.

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:06 pm

I'm not sure what's going on but there was a van and a car at the Crown on Saturday.

Plumber repairing the leak? New tenants moving stuff in?

One thing is for sure, we could do with a nice warm fire and a pint of Ale in our local on these snowy winter nights!

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 pm

The current tenants hand the keys back on the 26th and so Robinsons can pull their fingers out and look for new tenants. It will be interesting to see what Robinsons vision will be and how long it takes to fill the Inn again! This absence has not done their credibility any good or the Inn.

Fingers crossed that people will use it again for many of the reasons outlined above in previous posts...

Arsie

Postby Arsie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:19 am

Finally Robbinsons Brewery replied to one of our tweets but it's not much to talk about.

"No news as of yet. As soon as we have any we will let you know"

Now coming up to the 2 month mark without a village pub, which doesn't bode well for house prices and for those wishing to sell in the village.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crown Inn Poll * RESULTS*

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:36 am

Results of the Crown Inn Poll

CROWN POLL.jpg
CROWN POLL.jpg (83.08 KiB) Viewed 5006 times

Return to “Crown Inn Poll”